wire identification help please

Got an electrical gremlin? Ask the question here.
dafyddcoch
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

wire identification help please

Post by dafyddcoch » Sun May 08, 2016 1:50 pm

Hello/Helo Everyone. I've had an issue with the relays under the bonnet of my RHD 2000 W reg jimny. Wires from the ECU or main relay were corroded and stopping stuff working including the fuel-pump which resulted in a roadside breakdown and a recovery truck to take me home. In my haste to fix it I cut the corroded terminals off the what I understand to be the main relay having written down on the relay rubber cover which wires went where. Unfortunately I merely wrote down "orange x2" and "orange x1". I'm now left with 2 thin orange wires and one slightly thicker orange wire with no idea if the 2 thin ones are the 2 to crimp onto 1 spade or whether it is 1 thick and 1 thin that need to be together. Does anyone know which is which? If not please will someone go and check on their Jimny and get back to me. Thanks/Diolch
Dafyddcoch

Darrell
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: wire identification help please

Post by Darrell » Sun May 08, 2016 10:23 pm

I would assume the larger orange goes to terminal 2 as this has the higher load.
In theory the smaller orange to terminal 1, just the coil.

But you have 2 smaller ones so I don't know :er:
Attachments
aas.png
aas.png (123.49 KiB) Viewed 6085 times
2005-GV 1600se, "Hell" What do I know!

dafyddcoch
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by dafyddcoch » Mon May 09, 2016 1:06 pm

Cheers. I was struggling to find a diagram for that. The 2 thin wires and the thicker one are going into the part of the harness making it difficult to have an idea of what they're powering or where they come from. The thickest orange wire is the same diameter as the the blue and blue black ones. I'll try connecting everything up using a strip-connector and if it works then I'll make a more permanent connection.
Thanks again

dan_2k_uk
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by dan_2k_uk » Wed May 11, 2016 8:07 am

Guessing the two thin oranges are just a little link/loop which goes back up the loom and pops back out in which case it's probably a case of the thick orange to terminal 2 and one thin orange per terminal.
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.

dafyddcoch
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by dafyddcoch » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:27 pm

Here is an update re orange wires. I saw a Jimny the other day that is a 2001 model (mine is a 2000 ) with an M series engine (mine is a 2000 with a belt) and I asked the owner if I could pop the bonnet and look. Lo and behold the thick orange wire was attached to one of the thin ones and the other thin one had its own spade. I'm going to go and twist some wires together and see if I can start it and if so I'll solder them up. I'll report back.