Electronic transfer case problems...

Starts at the flywheel, ends at the hubs, any problems along them lines, ask your questions here.
Darrell
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: Electronic transfer case problems...

Post by Darrell » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:16 pm

The wiring is in the transfer box section anyway, but this is from the wiring manual.
Hope you can fix it.
Attachments
Jimny electric transfer box wiring.jpg
Jimny electric transfer box wiring.jpg (717.14 KiB) Viewed 11291 times
2005-GV 1600se, "Hell" What do I know!

Darrell

Post by Darrell » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:38 pm

I can imagine the front hub vacuum systems are the same as earlier models but can post up info if required. I can understand if the transfer box motor did not work for some reason but I would have expected the hubs to have returned to freewheel when in 2wd. As it is, both the transfer box and the hubs are not functioning via the switch. May be something as simple as that switch if your lucky.
Edit: Scrub that, if I understand the wiring, the transfer box switch tells the hubs to engage. If this is correct and the transfer box stays in 4wd the hubs will stay engaged.

Rhinoman
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Rhinoman » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:22 pm

Check the wiring at the rear of the transfer case, it does sometimes get damaged if you don't have a bash plate. I had similar issues with mine which I resolved by cleaning the contacts on that connector. I swapped the vacuum hubs for manual hubs.
2006 Jimny JLX+ 1.3 VVT
2000 Vitara 4u2 - Calmini 3+3, 33" MTs, 5:83 R&Ps, winch bumper, remapped ECU.
1986 Suzuki SJ413K - G16 conversion
1984 Suzuki SJ410 - Blitz

Hermida
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Hermida » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:54 am

Hi all,

I have received a new actuator from Spain yesterday. I have fixed it today but the problem is not solved. I will now start the troubleshooting with the manual Darell sent to me.

Wanted to thanks everybody for the advices, and to wish all of you a great Christmas celebration and a Happy New Year!

Kind regards.

Alex.

Darrell

Post by Darrell » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:18 pm

Thanks for the update, sorry to hear the motor unit didn't fix it.
You have a great Christmas and New year too. :thumbup:

Hermida
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Hermida » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:45 am

Hi all,

I have replaced the actuator but it did not solve the problem. I then discovered that all the cables going to the electronic Traction control were cut, a new cabling with relays were there... That is the work of a local mechanic, a total disaster! I have to remove all this cabling, relays and reconnect the wires like they were originally. The wiring diagram was a massive help! I could then select between 2WD to 4WD but no 4WD-L and each time I want to go back to 2WD the light will be constantly blinking. Discovered then that the two sensors in the transfer case were similar when they are not supposed to be. I have replaced them and now I have discovered that some of the wires between the transfer and the plug are not having continuity. Can somebody tell me the part number of that wiring? I have attached a pix and write on it.

Cheers all.

Alex.
Attachments
Jimny bunch of wires.jpg
Jimny bunch of wires.jpg (304.55 KiB) Viewed 11104 times

Hermida
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Hermida » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:01 pm

Another picture of the faulty cable.
Attachments
Faulty cable.jpg
Faulty cable.jpg (268.12 KiB) Viewed 11103 times

Darrell

Post by Darrell » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:23 pm

I see your wires are broken right at the plug so not the easiest to repair.
I can not guarantee this is the correct cable, number 48, but it's the only one I can see :hmm:
I always like to see a picture to match the part number to confirm it's right but "Googling" the part number didn't show any pics. Maybe you could pass this info onto a Suzuki dealer to confirm, although they haven't been helpful so far :thumbdown:
Attachments
ty2.png
ty2.png (139.18 KiB) Viewed 11091 times
yt.png
yt.png (53.37 KiB) Viewed 11091 times
ty1.png
ty1.png (10.88 KiB) Viewed 11091 times

Hermida
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Hermida » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:24 am

Hi Darell,

I'm in touch with two Suzuki dealers and they do not have a clue of that cable... The one in Spain does even know that cable exist. The one in the UK suggest the same item you told me but I doubt because normally the drawings in a part catalogue are quite similar than the actual part. In this case, both terminals in the drawings are similar but in the reality, one side is bigger than the other one. That is the only reason I have that makes me doubt... The bigger problem is that the UK dealer already stated that if I order this cable, they will be not refund or exchange in case the part is not the right one... I will take the risk anyway, is not a fortune, the problem here is the time wasted off road time!

Cheers.

Alex.

Darrell

Post by Darrell » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:48 pm

If the cable turns out to be the wrong one I guess you could always cut the plug off the loom and connecting cable and either just solder and heat-shrink the ends together or use another connector altogether.
http://www.moorlandsupplies.co.uk/cable ... ector-plug