i need more power

Engine not running right? see if we can help you!
Nikos.sami
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

i need more power

Post by Nikos.sami » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:47 am

hello i have the 1.3 8v injection model but i need more power.
i am thinking doing an engine swap with 1.3 16v 100hp twin cam from swift gti
i know i wont have low torque but from videos i can see that they are freaking fast
Another option that i am consider is supercharge my current engine
i have also seen putting 1.6 head on 1.3 block and 1.3 head on 1.6 block for more compression.
the most suzukis in here use 1.6 8v but i dont think that will have much more power just torque
i cant put the 1.6 16v because i will have legaly problems
whats your opinion?
(my car is daily driven and i use it 60% for fast gravel driving and 40% offroad)

Anton
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: i need more power

Post by Anton » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:00 pm

The 1.6 is lovely to drive in the (heavier) Vitara. Even better in an SJ. Real easy swap (very little to modify, especially if you get the propper 1.6 plate for the back of the engine). If you want lots of power *and* torque, then some people have fitted the Swift GTI head to a 1.6 litre 16v. Don't know much about that except that it's a relatively straightforward swap (if I recall correctly).

Offroad you want torque, fast gravel you want HP (and torque if you can get it). I would suggest the 1.6 would be your best bet.
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: i need more power

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:34 pm

There’s also the m15a, you just need to build a hybrid gearbox out of an M series jimny gearbox and the G series Sj gearbox.

The 1.6 16v is the best swap in my opinion, the 16v head flows better than the gti head. What are the legal issues with this swap?

Fitting a 1.6 8v head to a 1.3 block and vice Versa raising the compression is a complete myth. Both heads have the same combustion chamber volume so the compression ratio will not be changed.

If you want good and easy power gains on the stock engine then go for quad GSXR carbs on a custom inlet manifold. I have heard of people almost doubling the stock power with some head work and tuning.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!