suzuki sj10 parts from different years...

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
lekkie
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

suzuki sj10 parts from different years...

Post by lekkie » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:53 pm

ok so i have a 1986 suzuki sj410, that needs a bit of cosmetic work that i'm slowly getting done however I have the opportunity to get my hands on a 1989 sj410 on the cheap as a spares or repair, now the 1989 has alot of great parts that my car could really use but, i don't know if any of the parts are compatible I've tried googling it to no avail, so hoping someone here may know for me, the main parts of the 89 version id be wanting to swap is: the hard top, the wheels as a spare, the seats and doors, then id probably just gut what I can salvage as spares, anyone know if those parts i mentioned of a 89 sj410 will fit an 86 sj410.
thanks in advance

lekkie
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: suzuki sj10 parts from different years...

Post by lekkie » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:27 pm

also if these parts fit, does anyone know anyone who does vehicle transportation at good rates as the 89 sj410 isn't running, needs trailered it would be going from essex to basingstoke hampshire looks to be around 120 miles.
thanks.
Alexis

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by ROBBIE » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:58 am

Doors, wheels and hardtop all the same. Will be the same on all SJs 410, 413 and Sammie. Wheels will also fit on a Jimny and old Dihatsu (? Is that spelt right?)
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:42 pm

Nearly all the parts should be the same or interchangeable, I.e not identical but can be swapped over.

electrics won't always be a straight swap if yours is jap built and that one is Spanish. Senders use different resistances and the fuel tank sender and dials won't swap over. However things like the wiper motor can be swapped you just need to swap the connectors over etc.

As above with things like brakes they would be different but as long as you swapped both sides it would be ok. Chances are your 86 is jap and the 89 is Spanish, on the plus side the 89 should also have a 5 speed gearbox.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

lekkie
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by lekkie » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:31 am

Amazing! Thanks so much guys, really what I was hoping to hear, much appreciated