Moving spring perches

A place for all UK LJ owners to introduce themselves and for all LJ series tech and builds
hamishh
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Moving spring perches

Post by hamishh » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:14 am

Hey fellas i score a old lj chassis with a certified cage on it that was preciously used as a c class truck here in nz! It had been running hilux gear with leaf back amd coil front. Ive got all my old sj413 running gear here and want to put it all in it. Only issue i have at the moment is differnce in width of springs! Rear is not too much issue as there is plenty of room to shift perches in but the front is a little harder due to the right hand side perch already being up against the diff head so not really too sure what to do here any input would be great!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Moving spring perches

Post by ScottieJ » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:30 pm

Lj50 or Lj80?

I thought Lj80's had the same width spring spacing as 410/413 NT. you can move the perches in on samurai axles to run them on the 410 so it should be the same on the lj, if it's an lj80
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

hamishh
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by hamishh » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:29 am

To be honest i dont know is if it is a lj50 or lj80 as there is not much left of it as most of it is customized for trials. I was going to upload a photo of it but the site wont let me. The chassis width of lj is 550mm and front spring perch is 690mm apart

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:00 am

Those measurements don't sound right for an lj80? The lj50 has the same chassis rail spacing as the 80, but narrower perch spacing ( iirc it's around 50mm narrower?)

Lj80
Front perch spacing should be 640mm, chassis width at the front should be 490mm.

Sj410/413
Front spring spacing should be 640mm

Samurai
Front spring spacing should be 720mm

http://www.suzukiclubuk.co.uk/tech-spec ... s-diagrams

As said it's easy to run samurai axles with LJ80/410/413 spring spacing (640mm) so you shouldn't have any issues really, the perch does sit on the diff pumpkin slightly but not enough to cause any issues. However depending on the amount of lift you might have chassis clearance issues with the diff pumpkin.

There is a file size upload limit, you will need to resize the photo to upload it.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!