SOLD - Genuine 1987 SJ410 JL - SOLD

A place to advertise all vehicles for sale
AntD
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

SOLD - Genuine 1987 SJ410 JL - SOLD

Post by AntD » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:36 pm

Regrettably my SJ is ready to move on - located in Thirsk, North Yorks. 48000 miles, needs a couple of little jobs for MOT. Offers around £850 mark.

Sadly, I never made her what she could be...

Mechanically in great condition, but body suffering from usual Suzuki rust worm in usual places (arches, bonnet edge). Has all been treated so shouldn't deteriorate much further! Land Rover arches fitted.

Chassis is a beaut, not a mark on it! Has all new poly bushes. Has not been molested and off-roaded to within an inch of its life (yet!). Freewheeling hubs fitted.

Interior v.tidy, not been filled with mud & water - original carpets and mats throughout. Has had Alfa Romeo leather seats installed - certainly helps with ride comfort, though driver's seat needs securing better (easy fix).

Wheels and tyres in good condition, Bridgestones with good tread all round (including spare) with locking wheel nuts. Steel wheels sprayed silver. Will take wideboy Vitara wheels if preferred (15 inch 5 stud).

Loads of previous history, MOTs, receipts and paperwork. Even the original brochure and sales receipt!

New battery fitted for MOT, starts first time with a touch of choke.

Put in for MOT for testing, as a result it needs

Return fuel pipe repairing
Seat belt/seat mount strengthening (due to previous owner fitting Alfa leather seats poorly)
Nearside front swivels need tightening
Offside wheel bearing rough

They're not big jobs, but no time! :(

Advisories on

Fuel pipes corroded
Body corroded near Nearside outrigger
Nearside rear brake not as good as offside
Slight fluctuation offside front brake

Will not take much to get it road legal again - was being driven until recently.

Rear seat (folding bench) has been removed but is included if wanted.

Was my idea of a project, but as you can probably tell from my level of activity on here I haven't got time/space to rescue her.

Any genuine view welcomed, you'll need to trailer away or book another MOT nearer home.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AntD on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

d_r_1989
Winching along now
Winching along now

Re: Genuine 1987 SJ410 JL

Post by d_r_1989 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:59 pm

Have you any pics of the inner arches/body mount areas? Maybe some close ups of the affected areas. Thanks

AntD
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Genuine 1987 SJ410 JL

Post by AntD » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:39 pm

Yes, sorry I'm on my phone so can't get a link but if you click on me then my topics there's a 'build' thread with photos.

AntD
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: SOLD - Genuine 1987 SJ410 JL - SOLD

Post by AntD » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:16 pm

Now sold.

Anton
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: SOLD - Genuine 1987 SJ410 JL - SOLD

Post by Anton » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:07 pm

I'd love one as tidy as that, but I'd end up ruining it.

Hope it went to someone who appreciates it!
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map