Paid help wanted

Starts at the flywheel, ends at the hubs, any problems along them lines, ask your questions here.
djc
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Paid help wanted

Post by djc » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:08 am

odd request, but anyone in South East willing to work with me to do a clutch change in a 1.3. I don't fancy trying this alone and anyway it would be far quicker with 2 of us - I'm hoping a day all done? Will get all correct parts, have most tools - I'm mechanically competent but never done an SJ clutch before (last time I did a clutch was a Daf 66...;) )
Happy to pay a fair day rate for your time. Work can be done here (single garage) or at yours - the SJ drives fine.
Please call or txt 07734 103709
Straight n shiny '85 410 soft top.

Douglas

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Re: Paid help wanted

Post by Jordi » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:39 am

Its a doddle, couple of hours you'll have it done.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:45 am

1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Anton
I spend far too much time on here

Post by Anton » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:34 pm

Jordi's right - it's actually really easy. I was worried about mine, and the job ended up only taking a couple of hours. Most of that was mucking about trying to work out stuff I'd have known already if I'd followed Jordi's guide.

I'd come help you for free if my health allowed!
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by andyrew » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:35 pm

Is tea provided? :lol:
Andys Rusty Suzuki Emporium

djc
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by djc » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:55 pm

First off, Jordi, that guide is really excellent. Massively better than the Haynes manual - just plain good, clear.
Problem I have is I get frustrated working the thing out the first time - did the T'box recently and the silly things drove me mad (removing selector lever, which is not how Haynes says it comes out. If I do another t'box it would be quite easy.
So if someone who knows what is what would help, I'm still quite keen to do it that way... Andy, you're miles away ??! Tea indeed, and a lump of cash too.
btw, why isn't Jordi's guide unter tech section here, or it is and I couldn't find it.

Douglas

andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by andyrew » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:57 pm

If you're okay to do it on a sunday. I dont mind
Heading down if you cover the tunnel and go go juice cost.
Andys Rusty Suzuki Emporium

Anton

Post by Anton » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:19 pm

djc wrote:First off, Jordi, that guide is really excellent.
Agreed. Jordi is a total dude for making that guide!
djc wrote:Massively better than the Haynes manual
Yes, but so is used toilet paper.
djc wrote:btw, why isn't Jordi's guide unter tech section here, or it is and I couldn't find it.
I have that problem sometimes. People talk about body lifts and such, and I just want to point them to Dan's virtual lift article and I can't find it. Or they say they have such and such a problem, and I know we've discussed it to death in another thread, but I can't find the thread to point them to - and then everyone ends up having the same conversation for the 8th time.

I think it's just the way the underlying bulletin board PHPBB software indexes things isn't very good.
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

djc
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by djc » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:44 am

andyrew wrote:If you're okay to do it on a sunday. I dont mind
Heading down if you cover the tunnel and go go juice cost.
Brilliant Andy - i'll send you a p.m.

Douglas