Starting to CRUMBLE!

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
stimpy
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Starting to CRUMBLE!

Post by stimpy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:15 pm

Hey up folks! I've been a long time lurker on here - though my original account seems to have been deleted - and used to be on Difflock quite a bit many moons ago - whatever happened there?..

I've been trying desperately not to buy a zook for a few years, all the usual excuses; i'll wait till my sons older - he'll love it, I've got too many projects,no where to store it, missus hates me etc...

But i've really started to crumble recently..... And thought i better say hello..

HELLO!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Starting to CRUMBLE!

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:48 pm

:welcome: back. How long ago was it that you were on here and what was your username, I'll have a look into it for you :thumbup:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:53 pm

Welcome back. Just give into the temptation.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

stimpy
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by stimpy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:04 pm

Muhuhahahahah!!!!!.... I'll get there at some point!

stimpy
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by stimpy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:08 pm

ScottieJ wrote::welcome: back. How long ago was it that you were on here and what was your username, I'll have a look into it for you :thumbup:
I'm not honestly sure to be honest, I imagine i'd have signed up 6 - 8 years ago - pretty sure it's the same site anyway, though most folk were on Difflock more then. My username was as it is now - stimpy - pretty much my name on most boards unless someones took it already...

I may have never even posted then tbh or certainly not much if at all...

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:19 pm

It could have been on the original forum, hence loosing your profile. The old owner took it down and then the site was revived in april 2008 and the forum was started from scratch....then I took over before that happened again :lol:

Yeah Difflock is pretty much dead in the water now, shame really as it used to be good but we are doing pretty well at keeping this forum alive. It's nice to have a proper forum around in the new age of Facebook groups...where all the info get lost in an eternity of for sale adds and crap :hahaha:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

stimpy
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by stimpy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:32 pm

So, my biggest issue currently ( In Zook land not real life!) is that i don't have time to do any major building but am prone to projects!.

I've had i think 5 zooks over the years ranging from 2"lift on 31s to 4 bar link, LR axles and 35s with a variety of engines. However in all that time I probably actually only drove them a few times then concocted a plan and set to... Then had to sell due to one reason or another...

At this stage i am short on time and would prefer to play a little but feel a bit guilty purchasing something ready! Added to which there are some really doggy conversions / works out there.... And of course prices have increased.

I have even given consideration to a Jimny so it may have more real life practicality, but ultimately SJs are all i want :-)..

There's some great Zooks on here by the way chaps.

stimpy
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by stimpy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:36 pm

ScottieJ wrote:It could have been on the original forum, hence loosing your profile. The old owner took it down and then the site was revived in april 2008 and the forum was started from scratch....then I took over before that happened again :lol:

Yeah Difflock is pretty much dead in the water now, shame really as it used to be good but we are doing pretty well at keeping this forum alive. It's nice to have a proper forum around in the new age of Facebook groups...where all the info get lost in an eternity of for sale adds and crap :hahaha:
Hehe... I don't have a Facebook account but i have never understood all that nonsense and timeline thing on it... I should really join as a few of the clubs i'm part of seem too rely on it. But then i've managed to abstain for so long i'm not sure i'm ready! Hehe

Oh, and that closing of the forum may just be it.. Seems to be surviving now mind so well done.

zook123
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by zook123 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:25 am

Welcome back!
2002 Jimny O2 Ragtop
Safari Snorkel, Freewheeling Hub Conversion
Diff Breathers, G/Box and T/Box Breathers, 2in Suspension Lift
HD Recovery Points and Winch Plate
Kuhmo KL71 MT / Goodyear Wrangler AT

Wessex 4X4 Reponse - WE411
wessex4x4response.org.uk

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by ROBBIE » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:29 am

:welcome: back. Nothing wrong with Jimny, but yeah would rather have a SJ back in my life
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good