Extended wheel arches

fitting new seats? welding up arches? Painting your SJ? post your queries here
4x4edd
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Extended wheel arches

Post by 4x4edd » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:36 am

Hi all

Just wondering where I can get some extended arches for my SJ413? Im hopeing to get them before I start cutting and repairing the arches on my truck
Im looking for something like these:-
fenderrear2.jpg
fenderrear2.jpg (76.46 KiB) Viewed 7523 times
Most of the ones on ebay are half the width.

Cheers

felstmiester
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Extended wheel arches

Post by felstmiester » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:52 am

There bushwacker arches, depending on the spec of your anus you'll probably find something like that to wide. The majority just go for standard defender arches, cut the back off em and screw or rivet em on. Perfect width and look pretty good to. I've got some on mine although I'm running sammy axles with 32mm spacers and off set wheels so my wheels do stick out a bit still.
1.5 ISUZU TD ENGINE. EXTERNAL ROLL CAGE. CUSTOM MADE FRONT & REAR BUMPERS. SAMMY AXLES. RASCAL REARS. RUF. WRX SEATS. FRONT & REAR WINCHES. SNORKEL. FRONT SPOTS & REAR FLOODS. TWIN BATTERIES. FULL WADING KIT. 8.5" WHEELS WITH GRIZZLY CLAWS. OH!!!! AND THE WIFE'S ROASTING TIN!!

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:10 am

Yeah those bushwackers are around £300 a set. I'v been on the look out for a second hand set for a while now but they dont come up very offen.
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

felstmiester
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by felstmiester » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:01 pm

I've got a set of bushwacker arches down my yard. There to wide for mine in my opinion. I like the arches to be in line with the edge of the tyres anything more makes it look pants. I've got plans to do away with my front wings this summer so I'll be doing away with my defender arches.
1.5 ISUZU TD ENGINE. EXTERNAL ROLL CAGE. CUSTOM MADE FRONT & REAR BUMPERS. SAMMY AXLES. RASCAL REARS. RUF. WRX SEATS. FRONT & REAR WINCHES. SNORKEL. FRONT SPOTS & REAR FLOODS. TWIN BATTERIES. FULL WADING KIT. 8.5" WHEELS WITH GRIZZLY CLAWS. OH!!!! AND THE WIFE'S ROASTING TIN!!

4x4edd
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by 4x4edd » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:11 pm

Well at the moment I'm running sammy axles with 32mm spacers, offset wheel with 31 12.5's on, but on a re-build and thinking of changing the axles. Been checking out the defender ones but thought they might not be wide enough.
Would you be tempted to sell those arches in your yard?

felstmiester
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by felstmiester » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:32 pm

I'll go down there over the weekend n dig em out from my Sj pile lol. You can have em just pay the postage.

4x4edd
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by 4x4edd » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:52 pm

Sounds good to me. cheers
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

felstmiester
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by felstmiester » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:47 pm

I've managed to dig em out with great difficulty lol, but I'm afraid one of them has been cut for some reason !!