Shock/horror

Starts at the flywheel, ends at the hubs, any problems along them lines, ask your questions here.
basil
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Shock/horror

Post by basil » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:23 pm

Recently replaced both rear wheel cylinders on my Suzuki 413.......bled brakes as normal and of course checked on hard pressing that there were no leaks at all...great......checked fluid level and still up to the top.....job done ??????? did not open bonnet for 4 days after, and then saw the fluid level was under half full ........under anus n/side tyre covered in fluid....drum off expecting the new cylinder was leaking but no on pressing the pedal hard it was coming out of the bleed nipple
even though i always tighten correctly ..i had to really use undue force on the spanner to stop it leaking.....never had this before and i have done many cylinders...so really odd but better i suppose than having to replace the cylinder.....check it every day and now okay......
Jim

chan
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Shock/horror

Post by chan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:26 pm

How strange, I'm guessing it's a new brake nipple that came with the cylinder? Maybe take the nipple out and check there's no swarf or burrs on it from manufacturing.

Failing that, but another one I wouldn't take a chance on your brakes