New Jimny Owner. Kent

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
Jono258
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: New Jimny Owner. Kent

Post by Jono258 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:02 am

Jordi wrote:Probably taking your eyes out. I got quoted £300 for a Vitara engine. Paid £60 to a private seller.

Be much cheaper to source one privately. Look on the forum and ebay. Probably get an engine for that
Thanks will do. Like you said I should look at new engine for that. Hopefully I do not need to go that far but may be better to do full thing than just head.

I'm going to take it out this weekend and see what's wrong then go from there.

Thanks

Jono258
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Jono258 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:04 am

Anton wrote:G series engines are 2 a penny, but be careful you get a 16v head. The 8v valves won't match up with the valve reliefs on the piston tops.

If it were me, I'd get a known good head for it. If it were me. But then, I'd also be tempted to pull the whole engine out and fit a 1.6 litre G16 16v instead - much more power, often better fuel economy too as you don't have to boot it so hard to get up to speed.

I have a G16 8v to go in my SJ, eventually I might fit something better, but for now...

Thanks for response. When you say get a known good head for it - what do you mean? How do I know 100% that it's a good head. Thanks! Sorry for all the questions. And thanks again for the link to upload photos.

zook123
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by zook123 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:31 am

You'll need the G13bb engine, also fitted in Swifts, or get a 1.6 out of a Baleno? Not sure on what mod's you'll need to do though!
2002 Jimny O2 Ragtop
Safari Snorkel, Freewheeling Hub Conversion
Diff Breathers, G/Box and T/Box Breathers, 2in Suspension Lift
HD Recovery Points and Winch Plate
Kuhmo KL71 MT / Goodyear Wrangler AT

Wessex 4X4 Reponse - WE411
wessex4x4response.org.uk

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:41 am

Jono258 wrote:Hi All.

It's a W reg. Been told it's a G engine. Believe the head to be cracked going to look into taking out and seeing how bad. Possibly get it skimmed if that will help? Yeah I really need to learn and take it slow also need to build my toll collection! Wife was not impressed when I rescued it to be a project car. "No spare time, money or expertise" ouch! But she has a point! Haha. Thanks for the replys will post up a couple of pics.
If the head hasn't been removed and checked then it could just be a blown headgasket, get it taken off and pressure tested before buying anything or having any work done on it.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Jono258
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Jono258 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:42 pm

Jono258
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Jono258 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:45 pm

Anton wrote:
Jono258 wrote:Not sure how to upload pics. All too large?
http://forum.suzukiclubuk.co.uk/vi ... 03#p117003
Not sure what I've done wrong there?

Jono258
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Jono258 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:49 pm

Haven't taken cylinder head off/out yet. Do I need to drain the rad and take that out first to get easier access? Is there a Haynes manual for jimnys?

Looks like I have bit of an oil leak too towards back of engine. Think it's near the cam position sensor or something but not 100% on what that bits called but think seals gone. The engine shakes ALOT so need new engine mounting.

Also did an mot history check and hasn't had one since 2014 and since 2010 has had issues with blue smoke and has failed on emissions in 2014 So not sure what's happened there too. Looks like more of a job than first thought.

Left running for about 30 mins didn't seem to overheat. Any advice as always will be great.

Will try again to upload pics.

Jono258
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Jono258 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:43 pm

The dreams dead :( took car to local mechanic.... loads wrong with it. The Head gasket has gone not sure how bad til take it off. 3 cylinders work 4th stuck. Failed on emissions not sure if cats gone or to do with head. dodgy wiring on lambada, bit of rust on break lines, fuel lines etc something wrong with one of bearings and some holes that need a some welding.

Bit too much I think. Even if I sorted out the above no guarantee that will be it.

SherwoodNash
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by SherwoodNash » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:59 pm

Oh that's too bad, would be a nice little Zuke if you could get it back on the road.

At 77k miles she should have a lot of life left in her :D

Jono258
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Jono258 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:09 am

Yeah but bit too much work for me to justify it at the moment as money bit tight At mo. Didn't charge me for checking it over which was nice. Can get £285 for it on we buy any car which is pretty rubbish but as its needs a bit of work might be only option that or eBay for breaking but a lot of hassle.