suzuki x90 engines

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
derekdaf
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

suzuki x90 engines

Post by derekdaf » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:52 am

hi, just joined. Got home last night at 1-30 in a taxi from Shropshire to Northumberland! This is because a con rod in my x90 decided to exit engine sideways whilst I was climbing a section on the Clee Hills trial. (videos on youtube) This is not the first time this has happened and it appears there was lack of oil to the big ends. So answers please ,how to ensure the engine stays completely oiled, (checked dipstick several times on day)or is there a replacement engine from another model that will slot in to my 4wd gearbox? By the way i know there are at least 26 suzuki x90s on the trialling scene, all adapted to 2wd ,as per regulations for this sport and on road tyres! Most carry far more ballast in the back than I do and dont seem to overload their engines. Any help appreciated.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: suzuki x90 engines

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:33 am

Tbh it really just seems like a case of bad luck, or maybe over revving during off camber situations. I know many people running G16 engines and not many have thrown a rod. All G16 blocks will bolt up to your engine and these can be found across many suzuki models.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!