Suzuki Vitara 1.4 Boosterjet SZ-T Hybrid

All tech relating to the Suzuki Vitara that won't relate to any other models, Front IFS etc.
Steve1962
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Suzuki Vitara 1.4 Boosterjet SZ-T Hybrid

Post by Steve1962 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:08 pm

Regretfully I have to say how disappointed myself & my wife are in this car.
Since owning this car,brand new from the dealership, since June 2021 we have only ever known the car to use the petrol engine as opposed to the electric, our petrol comsumption has not dropped as expected or assured by Suzuki UK & we genuinely feel that the car is a let down.
Our previous car was a Renault Kadjar & comparing the Renault with the Suzuki we feel that we have gone back 2 or 3 years with the tech.
The reason I brought it is that at the time it was all I could afford.We will be grinning & bearing with this car until the first MOT then happily get rid of it.
Last edited by Steve1962 on Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Suzuki Vitara 1.4 Boosterjet SZ-T Hybred

Post by ROBBIE » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:26 pm

Was talking to a friend today about this and he told me the boosterjet he feels is a waste of time as the electric motor is only there for reverse and under 10 mph. I don’t know anything about it myself, but he has spent a lot of time reviewing electric as he wanted to make sure he got the right car for himself. So if he’s right that could answer why you only use the petrol and not electric. Could be wrong but worth looking into
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

Steve1962
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Suzuki Vitara 1.4 Boosterjet SZ-T Hybrid

Post by Steve1962 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:48 am

I have done a lot of reading up on the Suzuki Vitara 1.4 Boosterjet SZ-T Hybrid(something that I didnt really have enough time for before buying the car)
According to what I have read the electric motor only helps start the petrol engine & keeps the electronic systems running when the stop/start has engaged,ie; when the petrol engine switches off at say traffic lights or a traffic jam.
I was led to believe that the electric motor would move the car at low speeds as the Honda Jazz does.
So how can the Suzuki Vitara 1.4 Boosterjet SZ-T Hybrid acyually be classed as a Hybrid? I, along with many friends who are motor mechanics, fail to understand how Suzuki can class this car as a Hybrid.

ROBBIE

Re: Suzuki Vitara 1.4 Boosterjet SZ-T Hybrid

Post by ROBBIE » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:06 pm

I think it’s one of those things to make you feel you are doing your part. The daughter had a Citroen 3 cylinder job that is supposed to be better for the environment as it uses less fuel, we had to rev the nuts off it to get it up the slight incline of the drive and then struggle to get it up the road which is a bit of a hill. And the amount of of effort to keep up speed on the dual carriageway.
It cost the same to run as the 4 cylinder but hey it better for the environment because it only has 3 cylinders
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good