NEWBIE WITH DROPSIDE PIKUP

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
michaerlgirraffe
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

NEWBIE WITH DROPSIDE PIKUP

Post by michaerlgirraffe » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:29 pm

:weld: hello to all......I am Mike from originally from Yorkshire but as of the last year and a half living in Northern Portugal with my lady and our 9yr old son.....

My ride is a 1987 KJA dropside pick up......I had been toying with the idea of wee Suzuki for some time....Have always enjoyed classic car ownership and indeed did classic car restoration professionally before becoming a blacksmith.....My prevoius vehicle was a pristine renault F4 van which was pimped like a factory fresh GT in true retro style....looked awesome and always made the folks smile......I struggled to find something with equal charm that would get me into the forest and take a little weight without getting bogged down and also without being a gas guzzler.....

Hey presto the dropside pickup.....I came across one for sale 6 months ago with good mileage and original condition (all bar the usual drops panels)....My only problem being 6'4" was the cab space...anyone who knows these truck will be aware that they were designed to fit little chinese farmers of a walt disney movie....i struggled to get anything else in the cab other than my feet......

I removed the rear bulkhead,screen panel and various other bodywork modifications that enable the cab to be straight through onto the bed with oodles of leg room and now has a wonderful driving position for me......because this meant the cab was permanently open at the rear (remember i now live in portugal) i got hold of an ifor williams alloy canopy and modified to fit so is all enclosed and waterproof.....Some mx5 seats, negative offset modulars with khumo mud terrains and a major major service i set off for Portugal fully loaded up with workshop tackle and the truck never missed a beat...my bonding process was complete and may we live happily ever after...

all the best to you fellows for keeping these wee marvels on the roads

regards mike

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: NEWBIE WITH DROPSIDE PIKUP

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:06 pm

:welcome2: to :suzuki:clubuk matey :hands:

Good to have another KJa owner on board, would love to see some pics of the :S: and of your previous classic cars :doublethumbs:

Noticed on another post that it said your pic file sizes are too big to upload, I have increased the attachment size now so you shouldnt have a problem.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

dan_2k_uk
I spend far too much time on here

Post by dan_2k_uk » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi and :welcome:

Would also like to see some pics of the truck and the van!

Dan
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:33 pm

:welcome: to the club. Got to love the dropsides, looking forward to seeing some pic's.
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Tramp » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:18 pm

Welcome to the site,

I've always wondered about legroom in the pick up, they all seem to look like the back of the cab runs down the roll hoop, I know in my SJ the drivers seat travels back around 3" past it - I have my seat fully back and I'm only 6'. So I can only imagine how difficult it is to drive a standard k!

Newtomud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Newtomud » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:30 pm

:welcome: to the club. :snap:

ROBBIE

Post by ROBBIE » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:59 pm

hi :welcome:
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

justaddmud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by justaddmud » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:13 pm

Welcome fellow KJA owner :hands:

I too look forward to piccy's especially ones with a modded rear

michaerlgirraffe
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

NEWBIE IN KJA DROPSIDE PICKUP

Post by michaerlgirraffe » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:26 pm

hello guys........not doing to well trying to upload images....a bit of a luddite when it comes to technology, but managed in the end to get up images of my newly aquired kja dropside pick-up and my previous ride which was beloved ever so slightly pimped Renault F4 van....the reason for the swap was i needed a vehicle that was somewhat tougher and forest friendly....the wee suzuki fits the bill perfectly and a nooo love affair begins....i have simple plans for the truck whick includes next late next year a repaint in original colours.....

trust me !!!!!! anyone contemplating buying one of these rare wee trucks....you will not be disappointed......they drive wonderful with the extra wheelbase and i have covered 1000 miles in a single journey down to portugal and it never missed a beat

until soon mike
Attachments
vhm.jpg
vhm.jpg (22.77 KiB) Viewed 6922 times
vfxj.jpg
vfxj.jpg (20.78 KiB) Viewed 6922 times

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:41 pm

Looks nice matey :doublethumbs:

P.s. I merged the new thread with your old one so to keep the 'new members' forum tidier, hope you don't mind :thumbup:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!