Was Ralph's Tin Top, Now it's Adams after 2 other owners.

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
suzukisteve
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Re: My Fathers Tin Top Daily

Post by suzukisteve » Mon May 28, 2012 2:55 pm

ah got ya.

i was thinkin of goin to a 5 speed for on the road, but to be honest i've grown quite fond of the 4 speed!
pickle power!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:54 am

few more bits done,

rear bumper, dash all refitted and added some seats that we had, don't know what they're out of though?

It's nearly done now, just waiting for a new inlet manifold, a new tank sender and spotted another small patch of welding that's needed
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

TanZuk
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by TanZuk » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:56 pm

Hey Scott,

Nice job on your Fathers Zuk. He must be getting excited now that it is getting close to being done.

You seem to have a lot of projects going,. I think that you have more projects going on then I do.

Thought that I would mention about this product that I use on the plastic dash parts that turn that grayish color. It is called Back to Black by Mothers. This stuff woked great on bringing back the cover over the ignition and the cover that hold the gauges in place that were in bad shape.

How to use:
Used a heat gun (low heat setting) to open the pores of the plastic. Then wipe the Back to Black on with a cloth liberally. Use low heat again to get the liquid to adhear deeper into the plasic and continue rubbeing more on until you get it lookig like new.

I also metion this rust inhibitor a couple of times not sure if any one has tryied it yet. This stuff works great. You just wipe it on with a rag and wipe it off. This will keep the rust from attacking old areas again or newly welded areas. It is called Ospho and is cheap to use. I also wipe some on just before the surfaces are to be painted.

Any way nice job, like the bumpers too.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:03 pm

Thanks Terry :doublethumbs:

Luckily for me my father has actually done most of the work on his SJ so i've been able to concentrate on mine whilst he's doing his, always useful having two people in the shop though for that extra pair of hands when you need them! I just helped with the welding and fabrication of the front bumper, the rear bumper used to be on my SJ, he just added the rear lights. my father's been a mechanic for a very long time and he's the one who taught me everything I know about vehicle mechanics.

The dash in both our SJs is actually supposed to be dark grey I think, I haven't actually seen many sj410s with black dash's in the UK?

I'll have to look into ospho, I've not heard of it before so I'll see if it's available in the UK.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

TanZuk
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by TanZuk » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:18 pm

Thats nice that your father and you are so close and to have someone with a wealth of knowledge willing to share with you.

I hope that you can get some of that Ospho over there it will save all your vailuble work that you have just done. It also keeps the rust down on the vehicle afterwards. I just go around my DD once a month and wipe some on and wipe it off on any exposed areas. Been doing it for years now with good results. In the thread pics of my frame it has been exposed for a couple of years now and I wipe some on it as well and looks like new until it finally gets some paint on it.

The Back to Blck name is miss leading it will bring back any color plastic to its origanal color and make it look like new. Sorry I can see how you came to that conclusion. My dash is also a dark grey color as you mentioned.

Tell your Father for me that he is doing a great job.

dazerede
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by dazerede » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:00 pm

where did u get that steering wheel from and the truck is looking good
Suzuki Sj 410 Jap Built
Recaro Seats Fitted
Landini Blue Colour
Full rollcage and winch bumper
1.6 8v vitara lump with su carb
4” calmini lift kit :)
235/75/15 insa turbo special tracks
99.9% Rust Free
BUILT NOT BOUGHT

chrisj410
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by chrisj410 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:35 am

Looking sweet man, so is that blue your's and the old mans team colour? Lol

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:14 am

Cheers Terry, I passed that on to my father for you :thumbup:

I've had no luck finding Ospho in the UK yet but back to black is easily available so I might have to purchase some and try that on both our dash's.

Dazerade the steering wheel came fitted in my suzuki, I got a momo steering wheel for mine so he had it for his.

Cheers Chris and nah its a different blue, my dads is the original colour, mines RaL 5002 blue

Well for a resto to standard we're getting a bit carried away, it now has rocksliders and we're gonna fit an exo cage.
I want a different style cage so he's having my A & B hoops.

Obviously the hoops need to be cut down to the correct height but you get the idea.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

dazerede

Post by dazerede » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:40 am

looking good have u welded them rock sliders to the chassis and did u make the rollcage hoops
Suzuki Sj 410 Jap Built
Recaro Seats Fitted
Landini Blue Colour
Full rollcage and winch bumper
1.6 8v vitara lump with su carb
4” calmini lift kit :)
235/75/15 insa turbo special tracks
99.9% Rust Free
BUILT NOT BOUGHT

TanZuk
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by TanZuk » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:42 pm

Scott,

Here is a link to the Ospho web page.
http://www.ospho.com/

They have alternative place to purchase it from on the web page,not sure if you have any of them in the UK though. Try and send them an email maybe that would be a faster way to find out.

Terry

This stuff really works great, hope you can find some.