Kiwizook's resto

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
Jay18
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Re: Kiwizook's resto

Post by Jay18 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:28 pm

looks good mate! my front bumper was like that so me and my dad made a new one with bullbar all welded together, good luck to whoever crashes into the front of my car...
2003 Grand Vitara 2.0 16v
16x7 Black 8 spokes
Nexen road tyres
32mm spacers
Kenwood Double Din Head Unit
Hidden CB radio
Cruise Control
GV Build Thread

SJ Build Thread
Facebook

YouTube
SuzukiPicsUK on Instagram

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Coming along nicely. All the usual rotten bits. I think i did most of those floor bits too. At the same time i moved the bulkhead head corners 4 inches back to allow tyre clearance.

As said most UK Zuks appear to have had the bumper mounts chopped off to fit bigger tyres. Mine included. Could take a photo and ask at your local test station?

Keep up the good work. There is a SU carb thats a direct swap. Not sure if it is HIF 38?

Jordi
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:07 pm

HIF 38 with a red spring and ADS needle. No adaptor needed.

http://forum.suzukiclubuk.co.uk/vi ... 13/t,2249/

Jordi
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Jay18
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by Jay18 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:25 pm

i was lucky with mine, the rot didnt get as far as the body mounts, but was very close to it, i had to replace the footwell though..
2003 Grand Vitara 2.0 16v
16x7 Black 8 spokes
Nexen road tyres
32mm spacers
Kenwood Double Din Head Unit
Hidden CB radio
Cruise Control
GV Build Thread

SJ Build Thread
Facebook

YouTube
SuzukiPicsUK on Instagram

dazerede
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by dazerede » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:55 pm

That zook is quite rusty can't wait to see it finished and i did the same to my front end but I filled it up with undersea and bloked it off so no mud or water can go in there
Suzuki Sj 410 Jap Built
Recaro Seats Fitted
Landini Blue Colour
Full rollcage and winch bumper
1.6 8v vitara lump with su carb
4” calmini lift kit :)
235/75/15 insa turbo special tracks
99.9% Rust Free
BUILT NOT BOUGHT

kiwizook
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by kiwizook » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:32 am

yea, It's got some rust here and there, but i'll get on top of it all eventually. Looking good so far I think, so we'll soldier on.
I am quite sure it doesn't matter for my wof that the bumper mounts are cut back, I was just wondering if it was needed as any protection for the ute. I will soon get a su carb, not sure what model it is, but i hope to get it working, and then we'll start the welding back together I think.
It's not a question of how much you spend on your suzuki, but when your money will run out

kiwizook
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by kiwizook » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:43 am

here comes a few questions

I was told by the guy that used to fix mu sj when it was still used, that the starter had blown up one day, and they replaced it. bits had flown around the engine bay, and some had made a hole in the bellcasing like you can see in the folowing picture :slap: . i was told I can leave it or just close them off, but that it really doesn't matter. Is this true? :er:
top of bellcasing with hole showing
top of bellcasing with hole showing
Pic_0107_053.jpg (39.83 KiB) Viewed 7345 times
Next, i was driving my pickup for a wee while when i got it. I heard a noise like a tincan on tarmac :shock: . i found that this ring on the rear diff is just hanging loose kindoff. should I do anything about this?
Pic_0107_055.jpg
Pic_0107_055.jpg (69.6 KiB) Viewed 7345 times
It's not a question of how much you spend on your suzuki, but when your money will run out

dazerede

Post by dazerede » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:02 am

About the hole in ur bellcasing if it was me I would just leave it

And the rear diff thing u would take the rear prop off and go from there and also check the oil levels in ur axles and tbox as I removed the front axle of my zook and I stripped it down in my garage and found no source of oil in the axle at all
Suzuki Sj 410 Jap Built
Recaro Seats Fitted
Landini Blue Colour
Full rollcage and winch bumper
1.6 8v vitara lump with su carb
4” calmini lift kit :)
235/75/15 insa turbo special tracks
99.9% Rust Free
BUILT NOT BOUGHT

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:36 pm

As far as im aware hose rings are just a bit of a crud shield. Mine don't rattle as they are bent and mashed from being bashed off various things.

Mights be an idea just to jack up the back end and spin the wheels check bearinfs and diff aren't grumbling. Any play in the propshaft. And tive the props a grease.

If it's defo that collar nothing to worry about as dar as i'm aware.

Jordi

turbo-tom
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by turbo-tom » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:44 pm

my old diff the coller was loose and it turned out the bearing had failed. but on yours this might no be the case
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D