North Yorkshire Off Road 27th Oct

Know of any events or gatherings happening at your local Pay and play site? let us all know.

Also the place to discuss Green Laning and the responsible use of B.O.A.T.s
Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

North Yorkshire Off Road 27th Oct

Post by Jordi » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:08 am

Attempting to get to a pay and play at NY Offroad on Sunday, just wondering if anyone else was up for it?

http://www.nyoffroad.co.uk

I've never been to this one before, thought I'd go check it out.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

timwilks13
SCUK Website Padawan
SCUK Website Padawan

Re: North Yorkshire Off Road 27th Oct

Post by timwilks13 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:40 am

If i can borrow my mates trailer i will see if i can come up as mine isnt road legal at the moment, as it has no lights or tax at the mo!
1986 SJ410 - Furry dice, new window winder.

10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who dont.

if you can read this you're too close to the monitor, sit back and save your eyes!!
My build, formally Trotters build.

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:18 pm

Just let me know closer to Sunday bud.

I rang them earlier to make sure they'd be open but was advised to phone again saterday night to make sure nothing had changed.

Me and my dad are going up with both of ours.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

timwilks13
SCUK Website Padawan
SCUK Website Padawan

Post by timwilks13 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:04 pm

I planned to go up there about 2 months back and the weather was amazing, rang em to check it was open and they said it was raining and flooded so yea good to check the night before/morning of!
1986 SJ410 - Furry dice, new window winder.

10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who dont.

if you can read this you're too close to the monitor, sit back and save your eyes!!
My build, formally Trotters build.

turbo-tom
I spend far too much time on here

Post by turbo-tom » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:11 pm

I wont be going but just had a look. bit interesting saying first recovery free? :/
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:19 pm

Yeah, quite a few pay and play sites I've been to are parts of farms and charge if they have to recover you.

Usually plenty of people about to give a tow. Unless you really have no mates.

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:27 pm

wow blimey dont happen to the sites i normally go to seams abit ott to me as you pay to get in plus then have to pay to get recovered? nah not for me!

hope you have a good time though bud :thumbup:
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

juncopartner
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by juncopartner » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:18 pm

Its a very good site but very exposed to the weather, its on the top of a cliff overlooking Robin Hoods Bay!!! Its been there for years way before everybody had a 4x4. Done loads of trials there with the AWDC and Cleveland 4x4 club as well as a few weekend do's. I was there a few years ago but just spectating on a Lambretta.

Is it still run by Owen by the way?

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:06 pm

I have no idea what chaps name was. Oldish bloke, been running it for years. Seemed like a dead canny chap.

juncopartner
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by juncopartner » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Must be Owen, he'll be getting on a bit now, I think he started the place back in the 70's. He used to farm the land before that.